Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to dynamic blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SRSDS
560 Views, 4 Replies

Alternative to dynamic blocks

I currently have dynamic blocks that I insert into a drawing. Grip points modify them.

Ideally the user can stretch the inserted objects without needing the grip points so that they behave like normal drawing entities.

If I apply parametric constrains to a set of objects and GROUP them, the object behaves the way I want but I don't know how to insert the group or reference its properties.

There are no parametric dimensions in the properies pane when a constrained group is selected.

Is there an alternative to Block and Group that would allow this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DiningPhilosopher
in reply to: SRSDS

You can use constraints on objects in dynamic blocks. Does that not solve your issue?

Message 3 of 5
SRSDS
in reply to: DiningPhilosopher

That's what I have at the moment, constraints inside the block, but I can't perform stretch operations on it without using the grips. 

Message 4 of 5
DiningPhilosopher
in reply to: SRSDS

Stretching a dynamic block is done by defining parameters and actions, and setting the values of corresponding dynamic block reference properties.

Message 5 of 5
SRSDS
in reply to: DiningPhilosopher

I've realized that, while the block doesn't allow the user to stretch the entity as they would normally, the grip points do allow dynamic input of dimensions which is very handy in my case.

It would be great if it worked both ways but I don't see that it is possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost