Did you mean: 

Adding MText to AutoCAD using Visual Studio 2012

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
EasyA
726 Views, 5 Replies

Adding MText to AutoCAD using Visual Studio 2012

I'm relatively new to programming. I'm using Visual Studio 2012. The department is using AutoCAD 2013

I'm working on a program that adds the general notes to our drawings. The program does what I need it to do with one exception. The notes consist of multiple MText entries. When I click the "GENERAL NOTES" button to insert the notes, all the entries are compiled and inserted, but all at 0,0,0. I'm stuck at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fieldguy
in reply to: EasyA

Are you setting the location property?

Dim myMText As New MText
myMText.Location = new point3d(x,y,z)

You will have to confirm the correct syntax.

Message 3 of 6
EasyA

Thanks for your response. I was setting a location property but not by using a specific 3d point. I was using "middle top". Using a 3d point makes much more sense to me. Nothing like over looking the obvious. Do you have a method that will allow me to establish a specific space between each MText item?

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6
fieldguy

I have not done that in code.  I often make manual changes using the property dialog,  The screen shot shows an example of how you might do it.  Any property with a "set" method *should* be available. 

Message 5 of 6
EasyA

Thanks...

I'm going to the office on Wednesday and will let you know how your solutions workout. Thanks again for your help.

Message 6 of 6
EasyA

I wanted to let you know your solution works perfectly. I managed to work out the method for spacing the MText items using a value from the VBA program the new program is going to replace. At any rate, thanks for your help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost