Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add stamp to sheets during PUBLISH

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Ed.Jobe
625 Views, 11 Replies

Add stamp to sheets during PUBLISH

Is it possible to add a stamp to each sheet plotted with the PUBLISH command and then remove the stamp after the plot is complete?

Ed

EESignature

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Yes or No is all I need right now. I'm just not as familiar with the NET api as I am with the ActiveX api.

Ed

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
mohnston

I have been trying to do the same.
I have not found a way to control the plotstamp. It doesn't seem to be part of the API.
You can control some of the plotstamp features from command line. (-plotstamp) But the options are limited to the preset stamp fields. You cannot create your own text string.

My workaround was to write a function that stamps a drawing. The function returns the handle to the text.
Then another function is passed the handle and removes the object with that handle.
CAD Programming Solutions
Message 4 of 12
Ed.Jobe

Thanks for your reply, Mark.
Just to be clear, I didn't want acad's plotstamp. I need to access each sheet as its plotted. I found some other threads on the PUBLISH command and sheet sets, but none dealt with accessing each sheet. The PUBLISH command may not use a saved sheet set, so I need to access the live one that is being published before and after the sheet gets plotted.

When you say "stamps a drawing", are you talking about the PLOT command? I'm not clear that what you did works with the PUBLISH command, stamping all sheets in the set. I have a vba solution that watches the PLOT command. However, what you describe sounds very similar to what I want to do, only with a block, not text. I'll also add some logging and configuration capability. What object's did you use?

Ed

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
mohnston

I have sets of drawings to print.
I want certain text to appear on certain pages.

I ended up doing the following:
Create a list of pages in my application.
Open each drawing I want to put text on and add the text.
As each piece of text is added I get it's handle. I keep track of which handles go with which pages.
Use PUBLISH to print (to paper or dwf) the set of drawings.
Go back through each page with added text and delete the piece of text based on the handles that I saved earlier.

This gives me the flexability to "stamp" only the drawings that I want to stamp. Plus I have control over what gets stamped on them.

By the way the user never has to run the "Publish" command. I handle that in my application. Message was edited by: Mark Johnston
Message 6 of 12
Ed.Jobe

Sounds pretty much like what I want to do. I assume that you must have a dialog, etc. to build a sheet set and then pass that to the publish command?

Ed

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
mohnston

You assume correctly. I use a datagrid. Each column is a type of set. Each row is a page. Sets and pages can be selected or de-selected by clicking on the header. Individual pages can be printed or not printed by clicking on the cell.
Message 8 of 12
Ed.Jobe

Interesting...I see pro's and con's. The PUBLISH command remains unaffected. That could be both a pro and a con. The downside is, you have to replicate everything that the PUBLISH dialog handles, but on the upside, you have full control and can add functionality.

Ed

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
mohnston

You don't have to replicate everything that the publish dialog handles.
Take a look at
Application.Publisher.PublishDsd

Then take a look at a dsd file.
Message 10 of 12
Ed.Jobe

Thanks...will do.

Ed

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
Ed.Jobe

Beginner's question: Where do I find a dsd, a search of my pc didn't turn any up, not even in the sdk.

Ed

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Ed.Jobe

Scratch that last post... brain glitch.

Ed

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost