.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom workspace from custom CUI to main AutoCAD workspace toolbar.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
665 Views, 3 Replies

Add custom workspace from custom CUI to main AutoCAD workspace toolbar.

If someone can post an example of VB code syntax (can translate C#) to:

1. Pull a pre-defined workspace from a custom CUI
2. Load the pulled workspace to AutoCAD main workspace (like drag and drop on ACAD CUI screen)

......would be appreciated.

Currently using ObjectArx labs 2008 and ARX Help but just can't assemble the syntax right to complete this.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The recent publication of ObjectARX labs for 2010 has included enough training to get this problem resolved. Thanks for the course. For anyone learning AutoCAD .NET programming this is a place to go for answers. Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Just a note on the documentation for CUI stuff. I don't know if the material has been updated yet, but there is a little quirk that was not documented as of March. As you'll read in the documentation for 2010, once you've made the changes to the main cui, you'll have to reload it. Don't use the Doc.SendStringToExecute as it's asynchronous (can't predict the order the cuiload or the cuiunload will be run). There are multiple posts on the workarounds for that. However, what you need to know is that the cuiload works differently from the commandline than it does through the dialog. CUIUNLOAD will take care of dumping the main cui and all of the partials. CUILOAD from the commandline though, only loads the particular file you have listed. So you'll need to get a list of the partials and load all of them after loading the main cui.

Likewise, if the changes you make are from the enterprise cui, you'll have to collect and reload those partials as well.

It's quirky, because if you set FILEDIA back to 1, and load a main cui file, the partials will come in as well.

In all of the documentation I've read (ObjectArx 2006-2010), this has not been picked up. Maybe everyone else just caught this, but I hadn't for a long time. Hope that saves some hair pulling.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Howdy thanks for the heads up on the CUILOAD documentation I did manage to catch that during testing and modified the reload to work accordingly.

I appreciate the feedback on this. Have a nice day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost