Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access the leader of a dragged label

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
martin.miller
426 Views, 5 Replies

Access the leader of a dragged label

I'm looking to modify the leader of a dragged Civil 3d 2014 label. I can create the label with C# dragged to the proper location. I'm trying to simplify the rearranging of overlapping labels. To accomplish this I want to add a point to the middle of the leader, so if I need to drag the label further, the leader only strecthes the second segement. I have not found any method or property that exposes the leader, but I'm still new to C# so I could be missing something obvious. In the attached image the label at station 4+00.00 is what I create, 3+85.14 is what I want to make and 3+75.28 is why.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Dragged_Label.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
moogalm
in reply to: martin.miller

Hi there,

On first note ,your query is nominated in AutoCAD ,if you feel  your question is specific to Civil 3D then pleasse do let me know.

Secondly , if it is also an Autocad related query ,can you be please more specific and share a sample dwg , what is that you want to achieve on MLEADER?

I will happy to guide you with an API to solve your problem.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
martin.miller
in reply to: moogalm

Definitely Civil 3D as these labels do not exist in stand alone AutoCAD. To clairfy all three labels are of the LabelGroupSubEntity type. All three are in the dragged state. The label at station 4+00.00 has been created dragged 20' up from the anchor location. This automatically creates a leader from the anchor location to the label start point. The start point has the square grip. The label at station 3+85.14 shows what I would like to create. A dragged label with a two segment leader. The diamond grip below the minus sign is at the end of the first and the beginning of the second segment. The label at station 3+75.28 shows the behavior I'm looking to develop. Simply clicking and dragging the square grip to eliminate over lapping labels. I have attached a drawing (Civil 3D 2014) that has the labels shown.

Thanks

Martin

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: martin.miller

Martin, C3D API questions should be placed in the C3D Customization forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-customization/bd-p/190
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
martin.miller
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks, I'll move this to there.
Message 6 of 6

Please take a look at the sample C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\C3D\Sample\Civil 3D API\DotNet\CSharp\DraggedLabelSample

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost