.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 AcadDocument.Regen and Application.MainWindow.Location (.Size)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GTVic
2016 Views, 3 Replies

2013 AcadDocument.Regen and Application.MainWindow.Location (.Size)

I previously found that CurrentDoc.Editor.Regen() did not work well in my application so I was using a different method.

I have found that the following are no longer available in 2013. I'm looking through the ObjectARX SDK documentation right now but so far not able to find where these methods have gone.

CurrentDoc.AcadDocument.Regen(1)

Application.MainWindow.Location

Application.MainWindow.Size

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: GTVic

I think you'll find these methods/properties have been moved to extension methods in AutoCAD 2013. See the video on .NET migration I posted here for an explanation: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/migrating-objectarx-and-net-plug-ins-to-autocad-2013.h...

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
GTVic
in reply to: StephenPreston

I had previously viewed this presentation. The presentation states that the What's New section of the ObjectARX documentation reviews all of the new extension classes. In fact the What's New section lists only the DocumentExtension class.

I was able to find the GetAcadDocument function in the DocumentExtension class. This function apparently wraps an ObjectARX class which isn't named (searching the ObjectARX SDK for that name comes up with nothing). This function returns an Object.

As with previous versions the class AcadDocument isn't documented but the acadi.h file lists the functions available including Regen which accepts one arguement which can be either acActiveViewport = 0 or acAllViewports = 1.

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.DocumentExtension

Dim AcadDoc As Object
AcadDoc = GetAcadDocument(DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument)
AcadDoc.Regen(1)

I was able to find the window extension by guessing at its location and the following functions should provide the correct information.

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.WindowExtension
Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices

Dim AcadTopLeft, AcadMid As System.Drawing.Point
Dim AcadSize As System.Drawing.Size

AcadTopLeft = GetLocation(Application.MainWindow)
AcadSize = GetSize(Application.MainWindow)

Message 4 of 4
StormyC
in reply to: GTVic

Thank you very much for sharing that, I'm certian it saved me a few hours ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost