Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vanashing properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
431 Views, 3 Replies

vanashing properties

Hello, I am having trouble getting a colleague of mine to be able to view all the element properties in the .nwd that I sent to him. I created an nwc from my revit 2015 file and then saved it as a 2014 nwd file. Then I opened it in navisworks 2014 and in my version of the properities pallet, I can see all the properties tabs no problem: Item, Material, Revit Material, Autodesk Material, Element ID, Element, System Type, Type Id, Family, Phase Created, Family and Type, Type, and TimeLiner. But after receiving the very same file from me, he only can see limited properties in these tabs in the properties pallet: Item, Revit Material, Autodesk Material, TimeLiner, and Material. This is really strange. What am I missing? I am attaching both screen shots for reference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: revitworkbench

Selection Resolution might need changing.  This determines how deep into the selection tree Navisworks goes when selecting objects for properties.  With the wrong setting it may be going to deep or shallow, skipping the level with the data.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4

Are you guys both on the same EXACT release?

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: revitworkbench

If the other user is in the same Viewpoint and did not alter anything he/she should see exactly what you are seeing. Just like the other poster I have to ask are you both on exactly the same version of Navisworks? Try this as a test. Have the other users open one of the Sample files that shipped with the application. Make sure you open the same Viewpoint and see if the other PC is missing tabs from the Properties box.

Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report