Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to export animation scene

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DesaiTC
503 Views, 4 Replies

unable to export animation scene

I am using "Unregistered" version of Naviswork (13 days trial left). I have downloaded the same from Autodesk site for testing the trial version.

Meanwhile, I gound that I am unable to export the animation in movie format. When I start exporting, it processes for long time creating frames and after completion to 100%, a dialog box appears which says "Operation failed." & nothing else.

Please suggest me how to fix this.

Is the "Unregistered" version is the reason ? Any limitations to the trial version ?

I am about ot purchase the software. But before that, I want to showcase some sample work on it. So that I can buy it with enough satisfactions.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: DesaiTC

How long is the movie, and what is the image size?  What format are you exporting to?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

I have had the same problem. Exporting frames instead of a movie worked fine.

The frames can be merged to a movie with e.g. AVIdemux lateron.Also the quality

will be much better if you employ this workflow.

Also some aspect ratios seem to result in errors when rendering starts.

This could be helpful

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-general-discussion/navisworks-simulate-2013-render-problem/...

also this post might

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-general-discussion/rendering-and-animation-export/m-p/47515...

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 5
DesaiTC
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman,

Movie is of 60 seconds.

Size is 1280*1080 explicit.

Format is Windows AVI

FPS is set to 5 sec. (I also tried for 1 sec 😛 lol, that too doesn't worked. :/)

See if you can suggest anything.

If exporting to frames is the only solution, than I will go for the same but at the same time I would be curious to know if program allows to save AVI format, why doesn't it allows for high qaulity export ?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Patrick_Aps_9121

Download Xvid encoder and install that. Be sure that Codec is used when creating an AVI.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report