Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent rendering in Presenter animation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
magnusfb
1673 Views, 2 Replies

Transparent rendering in Presenter animation

Hi,

I'm currently animating an installation sequence in Simulate 2014, and I'm having problems with transparent objects not being completely transparent in rendered images. The model consists of NWD files converted from RVM files exported from an Aveva PDMS model. I do a lot of fading in and out of objects to be removed or installed during the sequence, using the "Change transparency of animation set" in the Animator to manipulate the different keyframes. This seems to result in some rendering artifacts when using the Presenter, as seen on the attachments. It looks like it is shadows cast by transparent animation sets or possibly where two transparent sets are viewed in line. This only happens when an image is rendered and/or exported with Presenter rendering. It also happens in Navisworks 2013, not just 2014.

Video: http://youtu.be/satbiDSfnU0

I have searched around this forum and others like it extensively for the last week or so, and compiled a list of proposed solutions that didn't work in this case:

• Model too big, try reducing the complexity (Tested. Hid most of the model, still got the shadows/artifacts)
  • ByLayer material in Presenter (Not there, only materials are textures used for numbering the larger objects)
  • Auto Exposure
  • Override material and hide Required (not a Viewpoint based animation, options in Viewpoint defaults doesn't affect it as far as I can see)
  • Ground plane (not using one)
  • Timeliner settings (not using the Timeliner)
  • Many combinations of settings in Navisworks, for example Tools -> Presenter. Some of the settings can make a difference, but I haven't found any clear indication of which ones that help.

It looks like this is a complex issue that I'm sure you are aware of already, but as I can't seem to find a solution to this and because of approaching deadlines, I felt I had to send a message. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

- Magnus

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
peterayre
in reply to: magnusfb

Can you try making a copy of your nwf, then delete all but one or two animations. 

If the problems go away then it may be the way you are organising your animations. I'm finding for complicated animations having too many animation sets under the same scene or too many scenes in the one scene folder causes issues.

Message 3 of 3
magnusfb
in reply to: magnusfb

Hi!

This is now solved, I finally found a setting which eliminates the problem. By double clicking the active render style and increasing the value of Max Ray Bounces from the default 6 to for example 20 everything is ok! At least for the Photorealistic Shader, which I'm using.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report