Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent background in Navisworks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
leandrolicausi
2835 Views, 7 Replies

Transparent background in Navisworks

Hi,

How can I launch a render with presenter without background and save it as a PNG with trasparent background?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jean.Goyat
in reply to: leandrolicausi

You are going to have to export the PNG with a white background (or any color, blue or green depending on what the primary colors of your model are) and batch remove the background in Photoshop or equivalent. There scripts or macros in Photoshop to do that. There is no way that I know of to do it directly from Navisworks.
Message 3 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: Jean.Goyat

Would make for a nice feature improvement request.  And with the common materials and render system, that could apply across multiple products.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 8
leandrolicausi
in reply to: Jean.Goyat

I already knew about delete the background in photoshop. I would like to know if there were any methods to do directly from Navisworks

Anyway thanks for your answer.

Regards

Message 5 of 8

Hi there, 

you can render in the cloud. This lets you pick the option to have transparent background. See screenshot for option and resulting image. Make sure to activate the "Alpha (Transparency Background)" option in the dialog. 

02-07-2014 16-16-03.png

Autodesk_Hospital_Sample.nwd_2014-Jul-02_04-26-29PM-000_Current_View.png

To do this you need an Autodesk ID and sign in using these credentias in Navisworks to access this functionality. If you don't have you can create it here https://accounts.autodesk.com 

Hope this helps!

Thomas

Thomas Schwaiger
Product Manager
Autodesk

Message 6 of 8
tomfhill
in reply to: thomas.schwaiger

Hi Thomas,

I was hoping that you had solved a problem I have with your comment above, however, I did exactly what you have shown above and I still get the same terrible dusky background...... any ideas?

Tom

Message 7 of 8
Quinman1597
in reply to: tomfhill

Can confirm the Alpha setting worked for me. In the autodesk online viewer, it still shows the standard blue sky for basic renders, but when I download the file, it is transparent. Maybe that could be something to try.

Message 8 of 8
Sæmorr
in reply to: leandrolicausi

I don't see any option to render background as transparent, cliking the ribbon - Render - Render in Cloud:

navisworks-render-in-cloud.png

Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2024 (64-bit) version 21.1.1401.33.

Can somebody help me with this? Why is the option not available?

And i case my "project" or .nwf/.nwd needs to be uploaded to the cloud, I'm not allowed to do that since it's a third party model.

Repeat, I'm _NOT_ALLOWED_ to upload third party's models to any cloud. I don't know what is uploaded to the cloud, or if I can permanently delete its data after the export, or if Autodesk keeps a copy on its server, or what really happens.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report