Navisworks General Discussion

koye
Message 1 of 4 (282 Views)
Accepted Solution

Timeliner simulation to AVI format.

282 Views, 3 Replies
07-18-2012 11:45 PM

Hi !

Appericiate if you can give us a guide for timeliner simulation with walkthrough.

Any idea can we record our timeliner simulation something like AVI format?

Thanks.

To export your timeliner simulation, go to output tab -> animation and choose "timeliner simulation" and avi.

For the timeliner guide, have you checked the forum, help files etc? It should give a good start. Make your camera scenes and animations in animator. Attach object animations to your tasks in timeliner, and choose your camera scene under simulate tab -> settings in timeliner.

The AVIs that get created are typically huge when compared to other video formats.  I recommend getting the Microsoft Live Movie Maker to convert the AVI to WindowsMedia.  Much, much smaller files.  The MS Live Movie Maker is a free download, just be sure to do a custom install so that you will NOT install all the "sponsor" products.  Example from my experience:  Two AVIs that combine to 1.5gB compressed via Movie Maker to 42,412kb as a WMV.

Contributor
Digitalis
Message 2 of 4 (261 Views)

Re: Timeliner simulation to AVI format.

08-16-2012 04:53 AM in reply to: koye

To export your timeliner simulation, go to output tab -> animation and choose "timeliner simulation" and avi.

For the timeliner guide, have you checked the forum, help files etc? It should give a good start. Make your camera scenes and animations in animator. Attach object animations to your tasks in timeliner, and choose your camera scene under simulate tab -> settings in timeliner.

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 3 of 4 (242 Views)

08-22-2012 12:46 PM in reply to: koye

The AVIs that get created are typically huge when compared to other video formats.  I recommend getting the Microsoft Live Movie Maker to convert the AVI to WindowsMedia.  Much, much smaller files.  The MS Live Movie Maker is a free download, just be sure to do a custom install so that you will NOT install all the "sponsor" products.  Example from my experience:  Two AVIs that combine to 1.5gB compressed via Movie Maker to 42,412kb as a WMV.

koye
Message 4 of 4 (232 Views)

08-23-2012 12:21 AM in reply to: Digitalis

Thanks

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Have API Questions?
New Dedicated Forum for Navisworks API