Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeliner object attached to multiple tasks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bryndaff
795 Views, 1 Reply

Timeliner object attached to multiple tasks

Hi All,

When I attached an object to multiple tasks I get the object appearing at the start of the timeline as soon as I go to the Simulate tab.

I have objects attached to a construct task, then at the end of the timeline these are demolished.

The temporary task type isn't an option as I don't want the objects to appear in a different colour / transparency for the duration of the timeline. Instead appear in full, the timeline runs, then demolish.

Regards,

Bryn Evans

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
goyat.jean
in reply to: bryndaff

Hi Bryn,

What you are trying to show is a temporary task...Navisworks will always see the object when you select the Simulation tab because the object is linked to a "Demolish" activity", even though it also has a "Construct" activity.

You can fake what you want to do by creating a new appearance (similar to the "Temporary" one) and make that one the same color and transparency as the "Construct" one. The only problem is that you will have to adjust the schedule to show a temporary task that spans between the object "construction" and the object "Demo" tasks.

There is one other way but involves duplicating objects in the model, not the best solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report