Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeliner: Attached modelitem dates do not match Task dates

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ngombault
451 Views, 2 Replies

Timeliner: Attached modelitem dates do not match Task dates

Hi,

I noticed that when I attach an object to a Timeliner task, its start and end dates are offseted of 10h from the Task's start and end dates. see attachment.

This correspond to my timezone (UTC+10) and if I change this in Windows, then dates are matching. Is this a wanted behavior that Timeliner simulation plays according to Windows Timezone settings? If so, can I modify this?

I already check with the planner for the project and the timezone is not a settings he plays with in primavera. How can I tell Naviswork that the dates are already based on UTC+10?

Thanks,

Nic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: ngombault

Hi Nic,

This is an unfortunate side-effect of how object time properties are handled more generally in Navisworks.

TimeLiner reads time/date values without modification, but also without knowledge of what timezone the project was generated in. At the moment there is no way to specify this. The times in TimeLiner will accurately reflect what was imported from the planning application regardless of local timezone.

Unfortunately, the specific handling of object properties, which is external to TimeLiner, always displays times in the local timezone, and assumes that the data it received is in UTC. Thus you will get a discrepancy between what TimeLiner itself shows and what the Properties pane shows.

I have logged this as an issue for review.

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 3
ngombault
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

Thanks for the insight Jeff,

As a temporary solution I set the Windows clock to UTC-1.00 (which appear to be Navis base time actually, and not UTC) and manually offseted the clock of the hours of my current time zone.

As I may have to change time zone quite often, this is just temporary and I am very much looking forward to having a proper solution.

Cheers,

-Nic

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report