Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split View with different visibility

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
schwarzj2
1422 Views, 5 Replies

Split View with different visibility

I am trying to set up a side-by-side view of a model showing new construction vs existing. My hope is to have two architectural models loaded into a Navis file, one with the new construction phase, and one only showing existing. I would like to hide the existing model in the new construction panel and vice versa in the other. The goal is to create a side by side comparison that syncs both views with each other as you orbit/zoom around the model so that you can continuously see what the existing conditions are and what the new construction will be at the same time. The problem I'm having is that if an item is hidden in one, it is hidden in both views. I've tried with Saved Viewpoints as well and have not had any luck.

I am exploring other options as well, potentially using 3d PDFs through Bluebeam, but figured I'd start here.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I think you need two different NWF files, each with the same models attached, but each with different viewpoints active. Start two sessions of Navisworks and open one NWF in each window...

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the idea. Is there any way to have the models in the 2 NWF files sync to each other? That's my biggest hangup. The client wants to be able to orbit both views at the same time, so they are always at the same vantage point seeing existing on one side and new on the other.

Message 4 of 6

Either Life, switching in one Navisworks to viewpoint 1a and then in the 2nd Navisworks to viepoint 1b and so on,
OR, create 2 animations, based on a similar timeline and then use 3rd party software to combine the 2 animations into a wide-screen film playing them side-by-side. I have no experience with this, but some 3rd party software is already being mentioned in this forum to "annotate" an animation.
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I'll probably just go with a single file and have them turn models on and off, that way the orbit/perspective is always the same. I think a side-by-side like this would be a nice feature to have added though...

Message 6 of 6
atvGPCZ2
in reply to: schwarzj2

Hi there,

right now I am looking for a solution to a similar problem - I want to show a 4D-simulation of a certain model from two angles at the same time, to show the progress on both sides in one video. Or maybe only blend in the second viewpoint at certain times during the simulation. Have you guys maybe found another way to manage this challenge by now?
Cheers,

vau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report