Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sort order of the Navisworks selection tree

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
koeltzsch
2200 Views, 3 Replies

sort order of the Navisworks selection tree

Dear All,

does anybody know a possibility to sort the selection tree so that the 1st level (where the models are listed) is sorted alphabetic ascending while the sub-levels (where the geoemtry objects are listed) remains in the original hierarchy coming from the import (so that one can keep the design tree from the source cad system).

See attached file & description for further details.

The problem is that after appending more models to a session one would have to use Scene --> sort to bring back a fully sorted 1st level following an alphabetic ascending order, but this also re-sorts all sublevels and "destroys" its original order.

In other words - we would not face this issue if an appended or merged model is auto-placed in the correct alphabetic order and not at the end of the selection tree. Maybe this is driven by some configuration we're not aware of?

It may also be "as designed" but we are still searching for a workaround to apply this different sorting of the main-level and the sub-geometry-level.

Thanks for any helpful advice.

Regards,

danko

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Try this workaround:

Create an NWD per RVM using SaveAs, do not sort in there

Create an NWF and append all NWD's

Sort in this NWF: does that change the order within the NWD ?

if so, try creating the NWD per RVM using the publish and "may not be resaved" option. Does that make a difference ?

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

thanks for this idea.

But this does not work using NWD files instead of RVM and neither using NWD files being published with his re-saved option.

I made two different sessions to double-check your proposal but I'm still facing sorted sub-trees when I perform the sort on the 1st level.

It is the same behaviour like using the RVM files directly.

Anyway, using NWD as medium or workaround would be problematic as long as the process behind is pretty much automated and delivers fresh NWC files every night from the PDMS RVM source.

Seems it requires a software enhancement or an workaround via API, maybe.

Also related:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-api/autodesk-navisworks-api-application-activedocument-mode...

including wish:

#44723: in-place sort capability (file level)

Regards,

danko

Message 4 of 4
stahci
in reply to: koeltzsch

How do i also add my name to the wish list to get this feature added?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report