Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Export option

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kishore152
411 Views, 4 Replies

Simulation Export option

Hi all,

Is there an option in Navisworks to export the progress data ( like Quantity achieved, Cost achieved) as on a particular date?

Is there an option to display the quantity progress in overlay text during Simulation?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jayavijayan.k
in reply to: kishore152

So far no!

But you can assign cost in your schedule (To major WBS) and you can make it visible in the simulation.

Message 3 of 5
kishore152
in reply to: jayavijayan.k

Thanks for the reply.

What about the qty progress being displayed instead of % progress. Do you have any idea?

Message 4 of 5
jayavijayan.k
in reply to: kishore152

The main use of simulation is to find any potential problems in the construction process. For getting out the cost, qty, etc....We should use project management software such as Microsoft project, Primavera, etc. ...Actually there is no use of displaying cost or quantity in the simulation since it wont give you any reliable idea whether we are in loss or profit. 

Message 5 of 5
kishore152
in reply to: jayavijayan.k

What you pointed out is exactly right. simply displaying cost or quantity will not give any fruitful result. SO that is the reason I want to extract the data, so that I can interpolate and get some results in an external source like Excell.

My basic Idea is to use the quantity part from Revit (3D model) and link it with progress from MSP or Primavera. Hope someone can help me out with a link that can extract the data from Navis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report