Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate Data Loading is E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y SLOWLY

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dparks
388 Views, 1 Reply

Simulate Data Loading is E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y SLOWLY

opening a fairly large dataset conssiting of DGN files.

i've unchecked the Convert Refs, checked the Ignore Unres. Refs, in the Options Editor.

the model data loads quickly within the previous v2011, but on opening the same dataset, including preexisting v2011 cache files, in v2012, even on faster CPU'd machines, v2012 is taking hours longer to load.

while the Loading/Caching/Merging, status display quickly, much of the time is spent with a message stating;

[Optmizing data from (file name) for fast display]

the model was fully readied for animation in Sim v2011, the files were then transferred to a higher-end workstation for final rendering output from Sim v2012 - but again, while the data loaded/opened within an hour or so on v2011, it's taking at least half a day or more to open the same exact data in the newer v2012.

if anyone else has encuntered such an issue, how did you resolve?

i've also searched the Knowledge Dbase for issues pertaining to the [Optimizing data] operation, to see if it can somehow be turned off, but so far nothing..

any info is greatly appreciated..

dp

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: dparks

Not sure about the speed issue, but I'm fairly certain the "Optimizing data..." notification is associated with the creation of the NWC (cache) files.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report