Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show\hide pipe insulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ganeevez
3261 Views, 3 Replies

show\hide pipe insulation

Hi all!

I export from Aveva PDMS model (*.rvm) in Navisworks with parameter insulation = 50%.
In Navisworks insulation displayed without transparency.
Please tell me how to hide navisworks fully pipe insulation? or how it can be made transparent?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: ganeevez

You'll need to construct search criteria to isolate those objects which are insulation.  From there you can either manually adjust the appearance or use the Appearance Profiler tool.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
ganeevez
in reply to: dgorsman

in navisworks there is only a simple search in a name.

where there to set criteria of search?

Message 4 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: ganeevez

You need to have 2 windows open: "Sets" and "Find Items"

Make your query in the Find Items window and execute it using "Find All" unit it does what you want.

Then in the Sets window you can use "Save Selection" (saving the result of a query) or, Save Sarch, which is saving the query.

Whenever the PDMS model gets updated, you have to re-run the query, but they appear also in the Set "tab" of the Selection Tree (Standard - Compact - Properties -Sets), you can easily re-run them, even in Freedom.

You als can export these Search Sets (the queries) to XML file and import them in other NWF and NWD files.

The Appreance Profiler can the automatically use the query to overrule the transparancy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report