Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShipConstructor Tab in Navisworks Properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
facenorthdesign
943 Views, 3 Replies

ShipConstructor Tab in Navisworks Properties

Hi there

I work in an office where we have 4 PCs using the same versions of Shipconstructor and Navisworks, 2012 and 2011 respectively.

I connot get a ShipConstructor Tab in Navisworks Properties. Some PCs can, some can't. All with the same NWF file.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

On the computer that have the properties, export all sections of the Options into a settings.xml

On the other computer, import the options

Same with the workspace.xml, but I thing this will be in the options.

To export an XML from 2011 and import in 2012 will work

to go back, you will need to edit the xml with notepad or something to merge the 2012 file into a 2011 format.

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

If the third-party tool has object enablers for DWG content, make sure the proper version is installed on all computers as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
dlarkins
in reply to: facenorthdesign

This is old enough that I assume you have had it resolved?

If not, and assuming that the NWF references DWG files that contain ShipConstructor objects, then the person who mentioned the Object Enabler is possibly correct. The properties (and correct drawing of the objects) is dependent on ShipConstructor itself.

You either need the full install of ShipConstructor or the correct version of the Object Enabler (OE): http://www.ssi-corporate.com/support/object-enabler

Also, if you have tried opening the NWF on a computer without the OE this may have generated NWC (cache) files for each DWG and do then not contain properties (this assumes it's the same set of DWG's being opened from one location on each computer). Opening the NWF from then on may result in the same behaviour regardless of later installing the OE as these cache files won't be re-generated unless they are older than the DWG.

I'd recommend:

1. Delete all NWC files from the set of folders contain the ShipConstructor fiels in question
  2. Install the OE on every machine you want to use Navisworks
  3. Open the NWF on one of the machines
  4. Voila! 

Yes I do work for SSI (ShipConstructor)

If you have an active Subscription contract I'd recommend touching base with SSI support if you can't get this resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report