Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Coordinates in Navisworks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rnbhat
6293 Views, 4 Replies

Shared Coordinates in Navisworks

When we export a revit model to nwc or nwd and import it in navisworks the location of the file as per coordinates is not same as that in revit.

At first we moved the model in navisworks to actual coordinates but the next time when we export the model from revit to navisworks it goes back to its original position.

Can any one give me a solution?

Thanks,

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
rnbhat1@gmail.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tim.wiegand
in reply to: rnbhat

Which versions of Navisworks and Revit are you using ? Support for Revit shared coordinates was added for Navisworks 2010, so if you are using an earlier version it might explain this problem.

Tim Wiegand
Software Architect

Message 3 of 5
rnbhat

Hi,

I am using 2010 version. Can you please specify where I can find it in the navisworks interface.

Thanks

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
rnbhat1@gmail.com
Message 4 of 5
Sushichump

The shared coordinates option is actually in Revit. When you export as NWC, click on the Navisworks settings tab and select Shared from the Coordinates dropdown. See the attached image for more info.

Cheers,
Scott
Message 5 of 5
tnguyenoz
in reply to: Sushichump

Possibly your Revit model haven't acquired the Shared location from Architect model. you should go to Revit, click to the linked model and do as below:

tnguyenoz_2-1603917847563.png

tnguyenoz_0-1603917767856.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report