Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Rooms

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Alisder.Brown
2281 Views, 1 Reply

Select Rooms

**EDIT... I SORTED THIS AS SOON AS I POSTED HAHA**

Another question for you lot 🙂

I want to be able to select a room/space inside Navisworks that was placed in the Revit file.

I want to be able to select, isolate and colour up rooms/spaces. I know i can create masses in the Revit file from the rooms with the API but im wondering if there is a "default" way to be able to select the placed Rooms/Spaces inside the Navisworks file.

I dont want to select the OBJECTS WITHIN the room, i want the "bounding box/3D space" of the room

Again, thanks in advance 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

So, found the solution to this pretty much right away after posting the question haha

Solution was as follows:

• Inside Navisworks > Global option > File readers > Revit ---- See attachment names "Navis import settings"
  • When exporting from Revit out to Navis (using the Addin tab, under External tools) set the "Navisworks Settings" from here see attachment named "Revit Export to Navis settings"

Then once inside Navis, the rooms are now a selectable option in the selection tree

Hope this helps 🙂 Caused me a morning of frustration haha

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report