Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Viewpoint Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anderson51
544 Views, 4 Replies

Saved Viewpoint Issue

I am running Simulate 2014 and have come across an issue where my saved viewpoints have somehow (for a lack of a better word) "modified" themselves with regard to the starting point of view. I am new to Navisworks, so I will try and explain the situation as best I can. I created an animation with 120 or so viewpoints and exported to a .NWD file. (See Image #1) I then had to add an additional XREF to my AutoCAD file. I then went back to the updated NWF to re-export to the latest NWD, and noticed that the "starting viewpoint" was out in the middle of nowhere. (See image #2)

Any idea as to why this happened?, I am at a loss.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

My guess is that your viewpoints have not changed, but your DWG has changed and Navisworks somehow now thinks that the units of your DWG have changed.

Is this DWG the first file mentioned in the Selection Tree ?

Select it-> Right mouse menu "File Units and transform": are these values what you want ?

Do you have yesterday's copies of your DWG and NWF  ? Open thoseand compare the values.

Export the viewpoints in both today's and yesterday's NWF, compare the XML files as if it were ascii files. Are the values changed ?

Message 3 of 5

Nothing has changed with the DWG. with the exception of an XREF block that was added. The DWG is the only thing in the tree and the values are what they are supposed to be (inches). I exported the NWF to NWD once I completed the Animation. The NWD file is working perfect. I compared the camera postion values in the NWD with the ones in the "corrupted" NWF, and they are identical to one another. I tried deleting the saved viewpoints in the corrupted NWF and importing in the "good" ones from the NWD, but that didnt work, as I'm still having the same issue. Tech support at Imaginit can't figure out the issue either.

I am not sure what to do other than re-create the 120+ viewpoints.

Message 4 of 5

Try detaching the Xref again.
See if the problem goes away (after deleting and re-importing the Viewpoints)
If so, than the problem is within the Xref.
So then, try appending it in Navisworks instead of attaching it in AutoCAD.
Does this file have some objects (on OFF or Frozen layers) in Far-far-away-land ?
Message 5 of 5

I found and restored a backup copy of the DWG, just prior to the version with the XREF block. I replaced that version in the folder that contains the NWF so it would point and read the information from it vs. the “corrupted” one with the XREF. When I opened the NWF, the viewpoints in the animation reverted back, and are now working properly. I suspected the issue was with the XREF’d file. To be sure, I reinserted the XREF and opened NWF, which threw the viewpoints back out in the middle of nowhere.

I copied the objects to a new file, and xref is now working like it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report