Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save viewpoints

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
hnshin89
725 Views, 1 Reply

save viewpoints

Hi,

I have merged individual files (architecture, structure, MEP) and tried to show each items in separate viewpoints.

Firstly, I hide architecutre and structure showing only MEP then saved viewpoints by clicking the timeline with right mouse click.

Then unhide architecture and saved viewpoints by right clicking the previously saved viewpoints.

But viewpoints stay the same and every viewpoints I saved, changes to the current view I have.

Not sure whether I have explained it well but please reply if any of you know the answer.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: hnshin89

First, check your Options -> Interface -> Viewpoint Defaults: "Save Hide/Required Attributes" and "Override Material" should both be switched ON if you want that visibility is saved per viewpoint. If you have to change anything, close Navisworks and restart it in order to start with these settings.
Then delete all viewpoints and start over again.
Make everything visible, save viewpoint, set this as Home view in the viewcube
Make another view, with object hidden, save viewpoint.
and so on
BEWARE, if you want to change a saved viewpoint, right click on the name of the viewpoint, (without selecting it) and than choose UPDATE from the right mouse menu. Selecting it would re-load the old viewpoint and you would loose the new viewpoint you want to save.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report