Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to Navisworks Element Parameters Lost

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Hayson.C
3309 Views, 4 Replies

Revit to Navisworks Element Parameters Lost

I have a project using Revit 2011, and our company has all series of Revit and Navisworks product from 2011 to 2013.

When I transfer the Revit 2011 file into Navisworks 2013 file, some of the instances lost some of their element properties. I do have check the "Convert element properties" and "Convert element parameters - All" in the Navisworks settings before transferring.

I have also tried using other version of the software or open the revit file direcly in Naviswork 2013, but none of the methods work.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? The file is attached.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: Hayson.C

I checked your file and I think what you need to do is change the "selection resolution" of the fitting when you select it.  I first got the same amount of properties you show, with the "selection resolution" set to "Last Object".  I then changed to "First Object" and receive alot more data.  Right-click on the fitting to set the "selection resolution".

FirstObject.png

Message 3 of 5
Hayson.C
in reply to: dennis

Dear Dennis,

Thanks! Everything is OK now.

Best regards,

Hayson

Message 4 of 5
revitworkbench
in reply to: Hayson.C

I have this exact same problem in NWM 2016 except this solution doesnt work. In NWM 2014-2015 setting the selection resolution to Last Object fixed it (which is strange because this solution says that First Object Fixed it) Either way none of the selection resolutions fix my problem yet all my exportable parameter boxes in the Navisworks exporter utility are checked. Still not "Element"Tab for duct fittings! What gives? that is like the ONLY tab that matters!...Figures any advice would be warmly received. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5

I'm experiencing a similar issue and will appreciate any help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report