Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 to Navisworks 2014 - Missing Materials = Missing Walls

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Rcole
4410 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2014 to Navisworks 2014 - Missing Materials = Missing Walls

When looking to upgrade to 2014 I went through a test run to see if these would be any issues.  The first thing I notice is a huge issue - My exterior walls are missing!!  I'm not sure why but as you can see from the attached pictures, there are no exterior walls - the white is in fact interior walls.  (see 2013 image for what the model is supposed to look like).  I played around with the Revit import setting but nothing changed.  Even when using the NWC exporter from Revit the walls remained missing.  The only thing I can presume happened is that Navisworks can't find the materials since there are little triangles in the material palette (see Materials image) however I feel as if this shouldn't delete the modeled element but rather display it as another color.  

Any idea as to how to fix this?  We obviously will not be upgrading until this issue is resolved.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ewing
in reply to: Rcole

I have a similar issue, my walls show up, but any embeded wall sweep is missing. Who knows what else could be missing. Since you need to manually add items into the new Quantification workbook rendering it...well scary, I'm going to be sticking with 2013 for a while!

Message 3 of 7
mtowers

We are having the same problem. Except for us it is some interior walls. Looking forward to  a solution

Message 4 of 7
aldevos

Same problem here with extraction made from Plant 3D 2013 : see attached.

Autodesk : please do something

Regards,

Alexandre Devos

Message 5 of 7
roryromano

I have had this happen before.
Make sure you are creating a 3D view named NAVISWORKS. In that view, set-up your visibility and graphics so you see what you want to see.
Have your Navisworks Revit file reader setting to read the Navisworks view
Message 6 of 7

I have a 3D view named NAVISWORKS. In that view, I have set-up my visibility and graphics so I can see what I want to see.
I also have your Navisworks Revit file reader setting to read the Navisworks view. I have had this setting for Naviworks 2012 and had no issues, but just installed REVIT + NAVISWORKS 2014 and now this is happening. Not all files, but some files are appear to be losing the exterior walls, this is the most noticable.

Any update on this ?

Message 7 of 7
Bradder89
in reply to: gregsweeney6199

If the external wall has a sweep attached to it, go into revit, edit the wall and delete out the sweep; once this is done re-export the file making sure that all the boxes are checked in the setting (links etc) then reopen in navisworks manage. This solved the missing external walls issue for me, the just close the revit file without saving so that the Revit model still shows any flashing associated with the external walls.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report