Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Export to NWC overridden by 2015 install

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
airpro_chris
8582 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2014 Export to NWC overridden by 2015 install

Hey all, I have just installed BDS Ultimate and my old Revit 2014 NWC Export seems to have been hijacked by the 2015 version. I only say this as I cannot open any exported NWC's in Manage 2014 anymore and get the 'unknown version' error message. The export opens well enough in Manage 2015 tho'. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to force it back into 2014 mode?

Cheers

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Run the installer of 2015 again and see in the details which exporters have been in stalled and de-install them.
Reboot
Run the installer of 2014 again and install the Revit exporter again.
Message 3 of 4

Hi Patrick.  I am working on two different projects, one using NW2103 and one using 2015.  I've got both the 2013 and 2015 exporter plug-ins loaded, I was wondering: the first time I NWCOUT from ACAD it gives me the option to export to either.  Unfortunately after the first time I make the choice between the two, it takes that choice as the default.  Is there any way I can always have the option of exporting to either 2013 or 2015??

Message 4 of 4

Thanks Patrick. The de-install/re-install process is not as sure-fix as you might expect when you are running the installer from your NW Manage installer. I have learnt the only sure way to ensure you are exporting to the correct version is through the exporter plugins, available as a seperate download and use these through the Addins tab. This way you have control over which version you wish to export to and can control the export setting independantly between versions.

Thanks again tho'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report