Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2013 Material COLORS not exporting corectly to NWS/NWM

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
VWD-MLM
1434 Views, 5 Replies

REVIT 2013 Material COLORS not exporting corectly to NWS/NWM

I'm setting up Mechanical Piping and Systems Types for my Teams in RMEP 2013.  I have difinitve colors assigned to the Systems thru hru materials.  Example, A system type, with A53 Schedule 40 Material assigned.  Has a color of 103, 165, 82 (Autocad No 83) assigned to it.  Shows up in RMEP as desired, proper color, etc.  NWC Out, load into NWS/NWM, colors come in as 127, 127, 127....EVEN THO Revit Material Reads corectly, but the color in the Palette says Color: 127, 127, 127.  I don't want ot have to setup an appearance profiler for each and every seperate material that we use (75), to make the systems show up in NW correctly. 

Has anyone figured out to to geet from RMEP colors to NW reading them right?

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
VWD-MLM
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Any help from anyone at Autodesk...Lee?????, Paul????

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
BDSU 2015, 2016
Message 3 of 6
VWD-MLM

AS A CLARIFICATION.........One thing I would like to iterate is that I'm not necessarily asking about "Texures" when asking about Materials from Revit..........More like getting "Assets" such as the Colors to come across......I'f I pick a Pipe or any elements, I get the info on the properties palette giving me the correct Material name, but I cannot get the COLOR to comes accross from Revit....ANY Revit floavor....that's what I'm really looking for.  I guess the term "Materials' is a little too generic........specificty as I just explained would be the best input I guess. 

MIke

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
BDSU 2015, 2016
Message 4 of 6
Chris.Aquino

This looks like a known issue, which has been logged with our Development group.

As a workaround, you may want to create search sets based on the system type and then use those sets in the appearance profiler to set the colors. If you receive updates with new elements that are missing the colors, then you can just run the appearance profiler again to set the colors again.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 6

Be careful about using search sets for Appearance profiler and then saving out your profiler data for another model.  Sounds like a great idea but i haven't been able to get it to work. Would be nice if that could be looked into.

Message 6 of 6
VWD-MLM
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks Chris,

I'll look into it.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
BDSU 2015, 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report