Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013 - Export to nwc with Linked Files

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
airpro_chris
376 Views, 0 Replies

Revit 2013 - Export to nwc with Linked Files

Hey all, I've just picked up a project that needs to be completed in Revit 2013 (nothing like going backwards) and I am struggling get decent .nwc exports from this. A breakdown of my set-up is as follows;

1) The exports a done using the 2013 Exporter Add-In and the Revit file is built from 8x linked Revit files. All files are in release 2013.

2) I have 3D section boxes to cut up the floors/zones and I am exporting these as a single view, one-at-a-time.

3) There are VG overrides applied to all saved views to hide categories such as furniture, topography and entourage.

4) I have ticked the 'Convert Linked Files' box in the NW Settings.

5) Some worksets in the linked files have been turned off.

The reuslting .nwc (opened in NW Manage 2014) seems to completly ditch the applied section boxes, VG overrides and worksets. If I export the same view to .dwfx and append this to NW2014 all are retained. Am I missing something here? This process works perfectly well in Revit2014/NW 2014 but we are hand-tied into using 2013 for this project. I have tried the exact same process with some of the Rvt2013 example files (linked into a new project) and it fails in the same manner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report