Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering sky in Cloud

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tomfhill
959 Views, 3 Replies

Rendering sky in Cloud

Is there any way to alter the sky to look like a summers day? I have altered every setting, location, time of day, full lighting but i still get what looks like a yellow to dark blue haze or a stary sky as per the attached test images.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: tomfhill

Hello there,

you changed the geographic location already.

It has a huge impact on the sky (obviously) as

this will define if the sun is up already...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Did you enable the sun in your rendering?

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 4
tomfhill
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response, after many hours playing around I have solved the issue. I was using 'Relative Lighting' and moving the Azimuth and Altitude around but to no real effect, eventual I realised that moving the north direction under settings in 'Geographical', which coincidentally is turned off when using relative lighting, that the sun moves in both options. I think it would be better if 'North Direction' had its own area under environments rather than where it is currently located.

I also realised you can turn off the sky when cloud rendering.

Thanks

Tom

Message 4 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: tomfhill

Oha!

That was fast 🙂

Sounds like a very logical explanation... Sky effects- yes- that works. If you can toggle the sun, you can toggle the

rest. I have been thinking to define a dummy timeliner event to be able to image an exact time of day thereafter.

A little strange we´re not able to access time of day just like that.

Best regards and have a splendid day (in any hemisphere ;))

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report