Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recap file import at wrong origin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pavelsavine
782 Views, 3 Replies

recap file import at wrong origin

I have a recap file which was indexed in Recap regular, registered in Faro Scene. The recap file links into revit at the correct origin which I set up. In Navis Manage 2015 when I link it, it comes in at a wrong location. See attached image. The recap file units are meters, as is the navis file.

Some Trouble shooting I tried

-I tried reimporting with both feet and meters and there is not change.

-Tried changing the units on the RCP in Navis (causing it to shrink and not work).

-I tried resaving the the RCP as a new file – no change.

-My linked NWDs are in the correct location

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Pavel Savine

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have no idea what could have caused your problem, as I do quite the same. and luckly do not have the problem.
Did you try to unify the cloud in ReCap ? (saving it al one big RCS)
I do not, I have a tiny RCP file that needs a RCS file per scan in the support folder.
As for a suggestion: Does selecting the RCP in the Selection tree and right mouse menu "File units and transform" allow you to move the RCP to the right location ?
Message 3 of 4
pavelsavine
in reply to: pavelsavine

My files are all separate fls's. I do not use recap pro, so I cannot save them as one big fls.

I can move the file with transform, it is just a pain. I have a rotated shared coordinate system in my revit file. I do not know if that effects it. Will do some testing and see if that's it.

PAVEL SAVINE

R + D Associate

Tocci Building Companies

660 Main Street
Woburn, MA 01801

tel

cell

fax

email

psavine@tocci.com

web

www.tocci.com

cool calm constructed
Message 4 of 4

If you have your fls files placed on the right coordinates in Faro, the you can all import them in one ReCap project, combine then together, Delete some (far away) points and then export them in one unified cloud. The good news is you do not need the Pro for that. ReCap that comes with Navisworks or Autocad will do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report