Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-setting the file expiration date

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdsonline
3698 Views, 1 Reply

Re-setting the file expiration date

We recently started with new client that wants us to set an expiration date for the NWD's we create for clash detection and publish out to the project. We have been having a problem with the NWD & NWF files expiring in the middle of the day. The date/time are set correctly on the computer, and I don't see any thing that would cause Navisworks to be in a different time zone (e.g. GMT instead of PDT) Is there a way to go back and re-set or turn off the expiration date, after the fact? Also, does anyone know why the NWF would also be automatically set to expire when you publish the NWD and is it possible to turn that part of it off?

Thanx for any help!!!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kiel.sinfuego
in reply to: mdsonline

Given your situation where your client asks you specifically to set an expiration.

Is it possible to request/suggest the client again to adjust the expiration?

In most cases (... always) that the client does not approve... you can publish 2 sets nwd files, the first nwd file will have the expiration date and another that does not have an expiration date (uncheck the expire prior to publishing).

Also I don't think its possible to reset once the nwd file expires, it can never be opened again.( on my understanding this is how navisworks was designed )

Now to a question that got me interested, The NWF expired... I think for nwf to expire is when the user is trying to open the expired nwd file or the nwf is referenced to the expired nwd file.

regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report