Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Properties / Smarttags not visible.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nmysorewala
2597 Views, 2 Replies

Quick Properties / Smarttags not visible.

I am not sure what I did, but my quick properties are not visible when I hover over an object.  I have the option checked, my quick prop definitions have not changed, the home/display/Quick Properties is pressed down.

Recently I did apply sp1.

edit:

well after posting I went back to navis and all of a sudden my properties are showing.

Though I still have issue with

in Quick property Definition I change it to Category Element - parameter

I come back to add another property and it switches the Category to Wall Protection Material - Parameter.

weird. though it shows the correct value.

BIMologist
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ricky.medley
in reply to: nmysorewala

My entire department is having a problem similar to this.  Restarting almost always solves the problem, but that is ridiculous.  We have CADWorx components, but this shouldn't matter one way or another.  The properties include several items from CADWorx, AutoCAD, etc. 

At this point I can only attribute it to the video drivers/card or something of this nature.  Quick Properties is used so extensively, this has become some what of a productivity sinker. 

I believe it started when we upgraded to 2011, as the problem was no where to be seen in 2010.  Since then we have dealt with this problem for the past year, but since upgrading to 2012 recently, it looks as though we will be dealing with this for another year.

Unfortunately, for us I don't ANYBODY talking about a problem similar.

If anyone has any ideas...

I've attempted upgrading drivers, turning off hardware acceleration, different versions of Navisworks (Freedom, Simulate, Manage, FDS's), deleting profiles, repairs, reinstalling.  I don't have a different brands of video card, but I do have multiple Quadro FX versions (370, 1700, 1800) and Quadro versions (2000) & all experience these issues.  I have enough users to mix and combine almost any combination of settings, and have not prevailed.

Message 3 of 3
vaderdarth
in reply to: ricky.medley

I have Navisworks Manage 2011, 2012 and 2013 installed on my computer.  The quick properites are not working in any of the versions.  I noticed they were not working before installing 2013 Navisworks.  I need all there versions, as we have projects going that require all three. 

The quick properties button is checked. 

I have tried importing settings from a computer that the quick properites works.

I have opend project that work on other computers, but not this computer.

Has anyone come across this, and had any luck resolving it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report