Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quantification - variables

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
ce11s021
4170 Views, 15 Replies

quantification - variables

Hi,

I am a bit confused with 'variable' and 'formula'  in Quantification feature in Navisworks 2014.

Are the variables that could be used in formula restricted to ModelHeight, ModelVolume, ModelArea , ModelLength, ModelWidth, ModelThickness, ModelPerimeter and ModelWeight ?
How does Navisworks populate value of these variables ? Can we customise these values?

How can we include properties like 'Unconnected Height' (for wall)- in formula bar, than using the default ModelHeight given by Navisworks?

Thanks
Vinay

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rgilbim
in reply to: ce11s021

I also need this to be responded too. I have a deadline and i cannot pick up Heights of Walls from the model. The variables come in blank @ 000.0 

Message 3 of 16
MikeEvansUK

ACADPlant3D_QTO_TakeoffMappingFile - BK1239's library

See attached link for information. Follow this method and you can set the what it will churn out for that component.

I'm afraid you need to edit the xml which is not an ideal workflow but it will work.

The problem is if you want more than one height variable (I think). I too am awaiting assistance on this one.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 16
rgilbim
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I see, Thanks Mike, Im not sure how this will play in to all the overall walls i need to do this too. 😕 Not efficient...

Message 5 of 16
rgilbim
in reply to: rgilbim

Anything on the formulas and variables. I need to customize fields for the Excel eport for estimating and im having troubles with. Any guides ?

Message 6 of 16
k.jayavijayan

You can do this by editing the takeoff_maps file. It is located in(C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2014\Quantification\takeoff_maps).

Here there is only one take off map for all elements. You can create individual takeoffmaps for all elements. Check the following link,

http://de0qmbqba3hfm.cloudfront.net/attachments/149616/2

I have created custom maps for wall, floors, sprinkler, etc. You can map the whatever variable shown in the element properties. 

I've attached a custom map for walls. You make a backup of original takeoff map and replace with the attached one. create a Item for wall in quantification and add the wall element. you will get the unconnected height in the "ModelHeight" column.

Message 7 of 16
bmelton
in reply to: k.jayavijayan

Does this also control what data gets exported as well? Can you customize the export? I'm unable to export out the Units of Measure that show in Navisworks. Excel just shows the quantity value.
Message 8 of 16
k.jayavijayan
in reply to: bmelton

Not possible to export units. I figured out the units by using conditional formula in excel. 

first I assign the required quantity into "Primary Qauntity" column. Then export to excel, after applying conditonals, the name of unit will shown next to the primary column.

Message 9 of 16
RobinsonG
in reply to: rgilbim

Here is fourth .xml file

"To see things in the seed, that is genius". Lao-Tzu
Message 10 of 16
k.jayavijayan
in reply to: RobinsonG

Hi Robin

Your post seems incomplete. Could u please correct it?

Message 11 of 16
RobinsonG

(this is a repost - thread is now upside down - this should precede posting of fourth file)

Note: This solution is not mine. Credit goes to Thomas Schwaiger (Autodesk) for explaining how you:

Define new fields (variables) in the Quantification Workbook using two .XML files.

It should be noted that you do not modify the tableproperties.xml file as previously thought.

I urge the other forum users to correct their posts.

(Note I attempted to delete any of my earlier erroneous posts, and could not do so - therefore please ignore them)

The two graphics show the process.

The attached .xml file is a working example

I could only attach three files, and will use another post to attach the custom TakeoffPropertyMap.xml file

Unless I'm wrong this should conclude how to add items like strings, to the Quantification Workbook. Once you understand the inter workings and relationships of the .xml files with the Navis Dialogs - It's really easy!!!

Message 12 of 16
RobinsonG

Done

Message 13 of 16
k.jayavijayan

Thanks man!. I was looking for this workout longtime.

Message 14 of 16
RobinsonG

Dude me too

Message 15 of 16
RobinsonG

By the Way:

In order to see the internal names in the properties dialog

press and hold the "SHIFT" key down as you select Navis options - see ShiftOptions.png

Check as shown in OptionsEditor.png

Message 16 of 16
federico.cucchi

Hi  ce11s021,

check this video for parameters customization:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75uuCCa6wh4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report