Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantification not reading Revit column length parameter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JuddVDC
1699 Views, 4 Replies

Quantification not reading Revit column length parameter

Been using the Quantification feature quite a bit and have been able to modify the TakeoffPropertyMap.xml file to map steel shape weights by reading various weight parameters that are part of the object. Then can create simple formula in the Item Catalog (Weight=ModelWeight*ModelLength/2000) to get total tonnage of steel shapes, EXCEPT, for columns.

Column length does not show under Element or Revit Type in Navisworks Properies (See attachment).

It will schedule in Revit but not show up as a object property (see attachment)

I can use the Volume and cross sectional area and create a formula that gets close to actual length but it seems like this parameter should show up if it can be scheduled or calculated by Revit.  Thoughts or help?

Robert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ivanmontero
in reply to: JuddVDC

Hello

Same issue here....did you find a solution?

Regards

IM
Message 3 of 5

In 2014 you can measure the length and override the empty value in the Quantification workbook to get your calculations to work. 

In 2015 we've added support for column lengths so they are directly exposed as an object property and therefore available to be included in the Quantification workbook. 

Hope this helps!

Thomas Schwaiger
Product Manager
Autodesk

Message 4 of 5
djc1984
in reply to: thomas.schwaiger

Is the column length exposed by doing a new 2015 export from revit, or is it exposed just from opening a 2014 export in navisworks 2015?
Message 5 of 5

Is there a weight property? I am trying to calculate the weight of all the steel from the revit file in navis and I cant seem to get the weight to fill out. It seems it should be pretty easy to get the lb/ft and multiply by the length and that should be it but it doesnt compute.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report