Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Quantification] Annoyance with Resource formulas

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Logan.Wallace
493 Views, 1 Reply

[Quantification] Annoyance with Resource formulas

I have been evaluating using Navisworks for 2D takeoffs and I'm running into some pretty frustrating issues with the way Resource formulas are calculated.

Resource variables are calculated against the "Model" values.  From my perspective, this is illogical and not intuitive.  As Resources are assigned to Items, the Resource variables and formulas should pull/reference information from their parent Item not the takeoff Object.

Where this becomes an issue is most notably in 2D takeoffs...

An example would be taking off a concrete slab, and using a concrete resource.  The area takeoff will only have ModelArea for the Item.  You can edit the formulas for known values such as Thickness and Volume in the Item.  However, if you now add a Resource to that item, you must once again manually override and edit the formulas for the Resource for the known values of Thickness and Volume.

Since you have chosen to add the Resource to the Item, it would make more sense for the Resource to pull variables like "ItemArea", "ItemVolume", "ItemThickness"; rather than the model equivalents.  Needing to manually edit the formula in both the Item and Resource is time consuming and could lead to errors if one value is updated and the other is not.  This also drastically reduces the reusable nature of Resources.

I have attached a couple screenshots to highlight this scenario.  If anyone has a workaround or solution I would greatly appreciate any help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
eccalderon
in reply to: Logan.Wallace

I have the same exact problem. It makes using resources for 2D take off useless. 
This is a very crucial oversight. because of it, I would need to constantly update and manage resources

PLEASE FIX THIS AUTODESK. SHARE THE PARENT ELEMENTS CALCULATED QUANTITIES WITH THE RESOURCE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report