Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTO - Reimporting Catalog

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rgilbim
1042 Views, 6 Replies

QTO - Reimporting Catalog

Hello,

Im in need of urgent assistance, this is my situation. 

I started the QTO Workbook and adjusted the units in my current project. Now i saved out the XML file and im trying to import it into another part of the project that someone had created. My problem is when i try and import it, someone started the QTO workbook and used the wrong variable units. So when i try and import i get this error. PLEASE HELP! 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan.quinn
in reply to: rgilbim

The message you see is expected and as designed "The selected catalog cannot be imported in your Quantification project. Please select another catalog that has the same variables and measurement units as your current project"

You will either have to use your Workbook or the other. I'm not aware of any way of compiling when the variables are different.

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 7
rgilbim
in reply to: alan.quinn

Your misunderstanding what im saying. 

IF i need to remove the workbook with Imerial units per say. and reimport one with metric becuase the project standards changed. How is this possible ???

Message 4 of 7
rgilbim

Any thoughts ???
Message 5 of 7
k.jayavijayan

Hi

If you export the catalog in "Imperial" then the destination file also should be in Imperial. If it is Metric, you'll get the "Variable error".

Better import the catalogue in the "quantification Setup Wizard". So you can change the units at the beginning itself or else you can't import external catalogue(where it's units are different than the present catalogue).(See screenshot)

Suppose if you have created the catalogue with different units and want to use with future projects, you may edit the catalogue file (*.XML) to replace all metric units to imperial or Viceversa

1. Open the catalogue in Notepad

2. Copy all the contents to Microsoft Word

3. use "Find and Replace" to replace text related to units 

For e.g

Meter to Feet

Squaremeter to Squarefeet

Cubicmeter to Cubicfeet

Metric to Imperial.

4. Always make a backup of original catalogue file before changing anything. 

There is no reset option for product catalogue in Navisworks. I found the above onlyway to import catalogue with different units. 

Message 6 of 7
rgilbim
in reply to: k.jayavijayan

Thanks Kayj. Thats what my questions was reffering too. I had already created a custom workbook with all the custom omniclasses. So I didnt want to recreate the workbook having different units. 

Message 7 of 7
p-dandrea
in reply to: alan.quinn

Hi, I would have a solution regarding this message:

The message you see is expected and as designed "The selected catalog cannot be imported in your Quantification project. Please select another catalog that has the same variables and measurement units as your current project"
1) Open a new file
2) Upload any .nwc file
3) Upload the new .xml file (QTO custom catalog)
4) Add the old .nwf file
All information will be uploaded except that of the QTO because it is present.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report