Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems seeing Fabrication items in Navisworks Manage 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Salda
448 Views, 4 Replies

Problems seeing Fabrication items in Navisworks Manage 2015

At times we open a model in 2015 and our 2014 Fabrication items are not there. Shut the model down and turn it on (sometime a dozen time) and the piping comes back. Even if we open the fabrication file by itself the fabrication items are not shown however what is detailed in standard ACAD is. All opbect enablers are installed and the fiel load is set at 2014. HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Salda

Does it make a difference if you delete the NWC file prior to opening the model ?
Try another workflow: Convert this model to a separate NWD file (manually, always on the same machine that creates a NWD file that includes the Fabrication items) and let all others append this NWD file instead of the original model
Message 3 of 5
Salda
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

I tried to erase all the nwc files. That didn't do it. My fabrication items still don't show in the model. I can't really make the model an nwd. since every file in the model is active (refreshes all day).

Message 4 of 5
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Salda

Oh yes, you can.

Just try it to see if it solves the problem. If it does, then you should find a way to automate it,

and than you have the choise between no items at all, or see the items with a delay of ... hours .

Message 5 of 5
Salda
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Ok---so I moved the "File Reader-dwg Loader Version" down to 2013. The problem seems to be solved. FOR NOW! The interesting thing is that Naviswork 2014 has this option set at 2014 and there are no issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report