Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing / plotting quality, vector format from Navisworks Freedom?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1152 Views, 2 Replies

Printing / plotting quality, vector format from Navisworks Freedom?

Hi,

I am working on the field, using NavisWorks Freedom (2014) in a large-huge project. We need to print pipe systems and are not too happy with the print quality, we need to improve it. It seems bitmapped.

1) Is there a way to export/print vectorized graphics formats from NavisWorks Freedom (2014)? A matter of printer driver?

2) The printout/preview is usually is a bit larger than what is visible on the screen. Can this be adjusted?

3) Can the background collor / gradient pattern be omitted, just printing it plain white?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

We can get good quality prints.  Could you attach a sample so we can see specifically what you are referring to?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

I am probably not allowed to publish anything so I attach an image that shows the print effect only. Thin lines will have staggered, fuzzy edges, as they are bitmapped.

I guess the issue is if the prints are always a screen dump, or if they can be exported in vector format?

(In that case, we could try other pdf generator / printer drivers...)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report