Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presenter Rendering

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fleschjoe
739 Views, 5 Replies

Presenter Rendering

I would like to know if anyone is having the same problem I am and whether or not there is a fix?

When I either Render on the screen or Export Rendered Image, I get "ripping" or "tears" in the model
and once it starts doing that even if I try again or exit and go back into the .nwf file it continues. I'm
rendering a model that I've applied materials to. It might Render 10 times just fine, but once it starts,
it won't EVER do it without the streaking again in that particular .nwf file.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.lipp
in reply to: fleschjoe

When rendering large models, particularly models with a very large ground plane or large 3D space, geometry can be missing or appear jagged. This is due to a bug in the rendering engine that is currently used in Navisworks.

There is a basic workaround that helps in most cases: You can improve render performance if you hide (CTRL-H) geometry that is not being used in your view window or is extraneous.
Message 3 of 6
fleschjoe

Thanks so much for this suggestion. You were ablsolutely right about the large ground plane.
After I removed the ground plane which I used to try to get a realistic horizon view, the rendering
worked fine. You saved me hours of post processing touch-up - thanks again!
Message 4 of 6
dparks

Hey FJ - if you still feel like giving that artificial horizon a shot; instead of using a large square'ish plane, I've had real good luck with using a (smaller) 'disc'.

With careful camera angles when the 'horizon' is in view, the curved edge helps sell the illusion. Additionally, it's possible that Navis' interprets/renders the disc elements differently than those of a poly, but that's just a shot in the dark.

HTH
Message 5 of 6
fleschjoe

. . . a disc, ok, I'll give it a shot. I once tried making a huge sphere to simulate the curvature of the horizon,
but NavisWorks didn't like that at all.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes!
Message 6 of 6

If you are using 2010, you can try to use the Horizon background, which should give you an artificial horizon when rendering your images.

HTH,

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report