Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point clouds in Navis Navigator

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
864 Views, 3 Replies

point clouds in Navis Navigator

I am trying to do a fly through in Navis Navigator from Plant 3d with pcg files. I am having trouble with scaling issues. When the files transfer over to Navis their scales go back to 1. In the Navigator I do not see any option to rescale them. When I try to bring them into Navis Manage the dwg from Plant 3D seems to lose some of its properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure about the Navigator plug-in - we've always found the full application to have more control with the selection tree, properties panel, and so on.  We don't use PCG-format point clouds either, so no help there either.  Might want to check the settings for the PCG loader format, as well as your default units and the units in the PCG file.  If the PCG file is in meters, and your model in millimeters it could be interpreting the point cloud in the wrong units.

If Manage is missing things, after loading the file check the Scene statistics (Home tab -> Project panel) which will list any issues found when loading.  Odds are there's a problem with the object enabler, although I wouldn't discount some properties not being available, I seem to remember a few threads either here or in the Plant3D forum about some information not coming up.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you for the response. I reloaded the object enabler and that worked . What  type of point cloud files do you use? 

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

At the moment, Leica via Cyclone and CloudWorx inside AutoCAD.  Our scan contractor also provides a raw ASCII data file that we read into Navisworks and publish as an NWD for review purposes.  With an AutoCAD upgrade on the horizon we might switch to something else to take advantage of the (relatively) new point cloud functions embedded in the program.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report