Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan view zoom extents

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
6033 Views, 3 Replies

plan view zoom extents

Why can I not edit my plan view using right click -> edit viewpoint? any thing I change does nothing and immediatly gets reset. The plan view is zoomed way out and is far too tiny to see anything with yet a bunch of wasted space around its perimiter. How, therefore do I zoom to extents in the plan view reference view? Currently the entire building only takes up about 5% of the screen space that I have alotted to it. thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The most common reason why the the plan view goes way out is because in some model there is something drawn at 0,0,0 or a model is insert with the wrong scale.
This said, you can only zoom in correctly and then set this view as Home View of the viewcube. Also you can save a viewpoint and later on, update it if it was not correctly.
Using the PageUp key on the keyboard and the TOP of the viewcube will always make a Zoom Extents of all objects visible. Hiding some layers of some models so that the objects at 0,0,0 or in far-away-land are no longer visible will change the behaviour of the Zoom Extents.
Message 3 of 4

I appreciate your reply, however I dont think you understand my question fully. Please see attached image. I want #1 to look like #2. How do I do this? Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4

Ok, i misunderstood.

But what works over here in Simulate 2015 SP3 is the following:

navigate around in your main view until you see what you would like to see in the "Plan View window"

Save that viewpoint

Navigate to the "Plan View window", Right click above it -> Look From -> Current viewpoint.

Navigeate in the main view until you see something else

SAVE your NWF or NWD (I did the test saving as NWD)

I closed Navisworks and opened the NWD again and the "Plan View window" held the view that I wanted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report