Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipeline isolation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
680 Views, 3 Replies

pipeline isolation

Hi there, i need to isolate a single pipeline in a 3d model that has thousands of piperacks, i've tried to go to the selection tree and highlight the pipeline but sometimes it just gives the line and not all the parts (like tubes etc).

Can anyone help me in this or does simulate not allow you to do this?  i've tried to quick find then select the parts and then hided unselected but it only gives part of the pipeline.

Regards,

Stan Chang

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

You're lacking quite a bit of context, such as what information is available, what you consider a "pipeline", and so on.

Simulate can do some very complex searches.  It depends on what information is available from the models and how consistent it is.  In other words, if you are trying to isolate a run which has multiple line numbers plus parts that are dumb solids, then the search will be much more complex than if all the required components have that one line number and none of the non-required components have it.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi dgorsman,

Thanks for the reply.

i've attached a picture of the piperack and i want to isolate one pipeline from this piperack.

Regards,

Stan Chang

Message 4 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

Try different settings in Options -> Interface -> Selection -> Resolution
Last Object or Geometry or one of the other options may change the behaviour

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report