Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts disappear when manuvering around in Navis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjmpe
3025 Views, 1 Reply

parts disappear when manuvering around in Navis

when I am in Navis and I am using the feet to walk around, I loose alot of the parts until I stop and wait  a minute, why is this happening, is there something to adjust with resolution or something?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: mjmpe

Hi there,

This is the default navigation behaviour of Navisworks. As you navigate, Navisworks attempts to meet a guaranteed frame rate so as to provide smooth navigation regardless of size of model. This means that it will not always draw the entire model as one navigates. When one stops navigating, the remaining detail is filled in. The idea is that Navisworks draws enough to enable navigation whilst not drawing so much as to impede smooth flow. This is of course dependent on factors like model size & graphics hardware.

If this behaviour is undesirable, it can be disabled in Global Options, under Interface/Display, specifically the options Guaranteed Frame Rate & Fill In Detail.

This typically results in a choppy navigation experience as the frame rate will vary significantly in relation to model complexity; in this mode Navisworks fills in the entire model before drawing the next frame, and if the model is complex, frame rate may be very low in places.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report