Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P6 8.3 integration with Navisworks 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pcyril
3914 Views, 6 Replies

P6 8.3 integration with Navisworks 2014

Hi,

Currently we are using Navisworks Manage 2014 and linked to Primavera P6 v8.1 using P6 Web Services. We are planning to upgrade to Primavera P6 v8.3.

Could you please let me know if P6 8.3 integration with Navisworks 2014 is possible at present? If not, when can we expect an updated version/release of Navisworks which supports P6 8.3 integration?

Thanks,

Primal.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ngombault
in reply to: pcyril

I am interested in the answer too.
Message 3 of 7
pcyril

Hi Guys,

Is there any updates regarding the version/release of Navisworks which supports P6 8.3 integration?

Thanks,
Primal.
Message 4 of 7
thomas.schwaiger

I'm happy to report back to you that we've added Primavera P6 WebServices 8.3 support with our latest release of Navisworks 2015. 

Thomas Schwaiger
Product Manager
Autodesk

Message 5 of 7
fl.ladouceur

Hi,

I've been trying to link my P6 8.2 Webservices to Navisworks 2015 but can't get it to link. Would it be possible for you to give me an exaple of what the server adress would look like. I suspect that this may be our problem but neither Autodesk or Loadspring can confirm. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Fallon

Message 6 of 7

Thanks Tom, I can confirm it works for both 8.2 and 8.3 by the way.

I wonder if the DataSource name should be Primavera P6 Web Services 8.3 if it can in fact connect to previous versions as well...

Message 7 of 7
ngombault
in reply to: fl.ladouceur

Hi Fallon,

the biggest hurdle should be on P6 side, where you (or your IT dept.) need to enable Web Services (WS) and make sure your user profile has WS access activated. (Note by the way that there is an option to activate only WS and not the full license; if you don't connect to P6 directly for other purposes the license is cheaper).

Whoever administrate your P6 server should know the url to the WS, it will be of the format http(s):\\name: port
(ignore the space between : and port it is to prevent the emoticon recognition :p)

if you type this address in a web browser it should return the list of WS that are activated, this is also a good test to check if the WS are up and running rather than waiting for Navisworks to timeout and return an error.

on Navisworks side you only need to enter the name part as the server address, the port goes into the field of the same name, and if you have https (and not http) then you need to check the box SSL.

Cheers,

Nic

PS: this should have gone to a new post on the forum.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report