Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Revit files natively

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bbrown
954 Views, 2 Replies

Opening Revit files natively

I've only briefly played with opening Revit files natively in Navisworks 2013, so if the answer to this is obvious I apologize. The samples I used were some what complex models and all of the elements where brought in. There did not seem to be any sort of filter. Is there a way to have it only open elements from one particular 3D view defined in Revit?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lanl
in reply to: bbrown

Hi bbrown,

If you set filters in a particulat 3D view in Revit to hide some objects, and want to only import the visible elements in Navisworks when opening this Revit files, you can try steps below:

1. Open Revit file in Revit, then rename the particulat 3D view name to Navis.

2. Launch Navisworks, in Options dialog- -File Readers- -Revit, in right panel, set "Convert" field to Navisworks view, click OK, see attachment "NW1.JPG".

3. Open the revit file in Navisworks, then it will only import the elements visible in view Navis of Revit.

Thanks.  

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 3
bbrown
in reply to: lanl

Awesome, that is just what I was looking for. One more question, Is it required to be called "Navis" for this to work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report