Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening NWF is slow / not opening.

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
docsaintly
10195 Views, 20 Replies

Opening NWF is slow / not opening.

I have an NWF file with many NWDs referenced in it. It's been working fine for months now; but now when I try to open it it stops at 45%. The other strange thing is that at 45% it shows it trying to load itself. E.g. if my file is ABC.nwf, at 45% it shows it trying to load ABC.nwf and stops progressing.

I copied the file to my desktop (from the network share) and it now gets to 90% (processing), but it still seems to lock up and not open the file.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
jeff
in reply to: docsaintly

Another possibility:
I don't even use Navisworks, except to open and export DWG files for my own use (3ds Max).*
What worked for my Revit imports:

Application Menu > Options Editor > File Readers > Revit ::: un-check "Try and find missing materials"

I also un-checked Convert Lights, Convert URLs, and both "Convert Linked..." choices, but I suspect it was the material search (on a network with many files shares) that was making things take > 15 minutes for a 20 MB file. Now it takes 30 seconds.

*pleased to see AD now has a "token" payment system, so I can use Navisworks or Revit for the once-a-month I need it.

Max since 1992 (3d Studio) · Win 10-64 · Wintel workstation · 64 GB RAM · nVidia Quadro RTX 4000 · BB render garden via Deadline

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report