Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening .dgn file screen is black - no visible objects

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tonori
701 Views, 1 Reply

opening .dgn file screen is black - no visible objects

When opening certain .dgn files the screen is black, no objects visible - but I can see all the levels of the model in the selection tree - how do I tell if it's a bad file or if there is something wrong with my visibility?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: tonori

Hi there,

The first thing to check would be the Scene Statistics for the imported file. Does that show geometry being converted & suitable nodes being added that correspond to solids in the model? If not, then there's no geometry being converted in your model. Otherwise there are a few things you can check.

I would recommend changing the background colour away from black (the option should be available on the Ribbon), or selecting items in the selection tree. The selected items should highlight with the default highlighting colour. A combination of these should indicate if anything is visible.

Two other things to check are whether the items are coming in as hidden (in which case you can just Unhide them) and whether your default view is for some reason facing away from the actual model.

If all of those fail, you should be able to Show Developer Properties under Interface/Developer in the Global Options (this may require the Advanced Global Options, accessed by pressing Shift whilst clicking on Options), and see if you have any Geometry properties present in the model, and if so, what they are. If none are present, your model has no geometry.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report