Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects out in space

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jennifer.rogers
378 Views, 4 Replies

Objects out in space

Navisworks 2012 (Simulate) is showing objects out in space that I don't see in my DWG file.

With all layers on\ unfrozen\ purged, when i open the DWG in navisworks.......zoom extents and i still says there lines way out in space. ??

deleted all the cache files, file reader options look fine.

ideas?

JR

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: jennifer.rogers

Does is *specifically* say there are lines?  Could it be a node or other nearly invisible object?  Inside Navisworks, try zooming out a bit from the overall view so you can do a window-selection on the valid content, and hide selected.  That should enable you to find the mystery obect a little easier.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
jennifer.rogers
in reply to: dgorsman

It does specifically show they are lines. In the selection tree and clearly visible in navis.

Thanks,
Jennifer Rogers
Engineering Design Systems Coordinator
Eastern Canada Operations, WorleyParsons Canada
Tel: +1 519 346-5259| Fax: +1 519 344 1186
Bldg. 1050 | 1086 Modeland Road | Sarnia, ON N7S 6L2 | Canada
Jennifer.Rogers@WorleyParsons.com
www.worleyparsons.com

*** WORLEYPARSONS GROUP NOTICE ***
"This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the email and any attachments.
Any personal views or opinions expressed by the writer may not
necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any company in the WorleyParsons Group of Companies."
Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: jennifer.rogers

They should be showing up in the model then.  What software are you using for the DWG files?  Based on your employer, some type of piping design software?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
rteel
in reply to: dgorsman

I have a couple of ideas that you can try.  Are the lines in an xrefenced file or on a layer that is turned off in the xreferenced file.

Have you tried selecting the lines in NavisWorks, right clicking to bring up the properties dialogue box and looked at the "Units & Transform"?   I have found that some appended files come in with different units from time to time.  Millimeters vs. Inches.  Once changed the objects out in space go back into place where they belong.

Hope this has been of som e help.

Ronald Teel

Sr. Designer

Southern Synergy Inc.

rteel@southernsynergy.com

329 N. Waco

Wichita, KS  67202

316-613-2205 Office

316-218-2495 Cell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report