Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWM 2013 - Clash Detective Clearance Tolerance Won't Hold Setting

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jmenacker
2147 Views, 7 Replies

NWM 2013 - Clash Detective Clearance Tolerance Won't Hold Setting

Navisworks Manage 2013 SP2 64-bit on Win7 Enterprise.

When Clash Detective is set to a Clearance Type, the Tolerance setting resets to zero after selecting anything outside of the Tolerance field.

Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, was a resolution found?  This issue appears to be machine specific.  Others in my office are not having this issue.

Thank you,

Joe Menacker

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
susan_tate
in reply to: jmenacker

Hi Joe,

I guess the first thing to check is what tolerance you are setting against what your display preferences are. Your tolerance will be truncated to the number of decimal places defined in your preferences (Options Editor > Display Units > Decimal Places).

If that is not the problem, what units are you working in, and what numbers and characters did you type? I am wondering if it could be a parsing error when the system converts the tolerance you have typed to a number.

Kind regards, Susan

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Message 3 of 8
jmenacker
in reply to: susan_tate

Susan:

Thanks for taking time to think about this.

Display Units is set to Feet and Inches with a Decimal Places setting of 2 and a Fractional Display Precision of 1/256

Attempts to modify whole inch numbers in Clash Detective Clearance Tolerance fail - the setting always reverts back to zero.

The Decimal Places setting appears to control decimals of an inch.  The clearance check needed was for steel framing fireproofing as a whole inch number.

A little testing revealed the following work around:  Typing in decimals of a foot will make a persistent change to the inches setting - i.e. type in 0.167ft 0.00 in the Tolerance setting and it will make a persistent change to 0ft 2 (two inches).

Best regards,

Joe Menacker

Message 4 of 8
susan_tate

Thanks Joe - that's really useful information!

It looks like it's an error in our parsing code that converts the text, so we should be able to pin it down from the information you have provided.

Glad you have found a workaround in the meantime.

Kind regards, Susan

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Message 5 of 8
eric-stimmel

I have SP2 for 2013 installed and this still seems to be an issue. Is there any further update that fixes this that I'm unaware of?

Message 6 of 8
susan_tate

Hi,

The problem is fixed in the 2014 release of Navisworks Manage.

Kind regards,

Susan

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Message 7 of 8
em
Participant

The same think happens to me in 2015. I am just amased Autodesk doesn't fix very long known issues.

Message 8 of 8
stahci
in reply to: em

I am having the same issue, i run into it after setting up the tolerance and then trying to change the tolerance. the tolerance just refuses to change. I have found if i change which tab i am looking at with in the clash detection a few times and try to edit the tolerance again it works. Autodesk please fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report