Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWF Opening Very Slowly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
595 Views, 2 Replies

NWF Opening Very Slowly

We recently modified the structure of our NWF to have a lot of search sets in it and at about the same time we noticed a major slowdown in model load time when opening the nwf file or refreshing. This may just be a coincidence, but what is fact is that load time has gone from 3 minutes to 15 minutes to 8 hours at times (even if .nwc's are already made). It specifically hangs at either 45% "Combining Models" or at 90%. I have appended a combination of DWGs and NWDs.

I have found another post that describes well the problem I am seeing, but does not offer a clear reason for the issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks/Opening-NWF-is-slow-not-opening/td-p/3036930

I'd be very interested to hear additional insights into the problem's root cause and/or how to fix this issue? Obviously, we won't be able to afford to wait 8 hours for models to opens.

Thanks,
Ben

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ben,

I feel your pain. Please take a look at my latest post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-api/opening-navisworks-2014-2016-nwf-slow/td-p/5679637.

Have you seen any solutions to this problem in the past few years?

Message 3 of 3
masonblalack
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the file directory locaiton for your NWF (where the NWCs are located) on your local machine or a server location? 

If it's on a remote server location then that might be your issue.  I have always had issues opening a NWF where the file directory was not located on my local machine and/or a local server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report